Musician extraordinaire, composer, arranger, TV host, and CEO Joel (Joey) Britton has proven to be one to watch making a positive impact on the gospel community.
Born in Detroit, Michigan on August 11, 1965, Joel was destined to be used by God in the ministry of music. This gift was recognized by his grandfather Bishop Alexander Jones at the very tender age of three. He noticed how music radiated out of Joel’s soul, through his hands and onto the piano for the world to hear. This awesome gift has made room for Joel and has allowed him to work, collaborate, and grace the stage with some of the gospel greats and royalty.
Joel, who is part of a musical dynasty has written and arranged many songs for various artists. Much of Britton’s work is done in support of the Music Ministry which has produced a number of excellent CDs under the leadership of Bishop Paul S. Morton Sr. Joel has served as the Minister of Music for:
– Bishop Alexander Jones, Jones Temple COGIC, (Hamtramck, MI)
– Bishop Dennis Leonard, Heritage Christian Center, (Denver, CO),
– Bishop Lester Love, City of Love, (New Orleans, LA),
– Bishop Paul Morton, Greater St. Stephens FGBC, (New Orleans, LA),
– Reverend Charles Adams, Hartford Memorial Church, Detroit, MI,
– Reverend Julius Hope, New Grace Church, (Highland Park, MI),
– Reverend Dewey Smith, The House of Hope, (Atlanta, GA),
– Reverend Shannon Warner, True Light Baptist Church, (Denver, CO).
Joel’s musical brilliance has taken him on the stage with the likes of Blackstreet, gospel greats Yolanda Adams, Vanessa Belle Armstrong, the voice Whitney Houston, singing sensation Pattie Labelle, Bishop Lester Love, and Pastor Dewey E. Smith. Joel played in the band of Mattie Moss Clark UNAC album recorded in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Joel has dedicated years using his gifts in collaboration on major projects such as BET’s Celebration of Gospel and Sunday Best. He has also enjoyed playing as an honorable musician at Carnegie Hall and traveling the world. But out of all of his accomplishments, Joel is most grateful for the privilege to be an incredible father to his four beautiful daughters.
Joel believes that we are blessed to be a blessing. With this as his driving principle, Joel has created The Artist Hotspot 3-2-1 to serve as a vehicle to open endless doors for artists of all gospel genres all over the world.